The membership shall be open to ALL Savings and Credit Co-operative societies registered in terms of the Co-operative Societies ACT chapter 24 :05
Every member society shall, on admission pay an entrance fee as reflected in the affiliation form and shall be subject to review by the Management commitee from time to time. Such entrance fee is not refundable on termination of membership.
- Every member society shall hold a minimum of ten (10) shares in the National Association.
- Shares shall be paid for in full or in such installments as may be determined by the management committee with the approval of the general meeting. However, shares paid for in installments shall have reached the mnimum required within ten months from date of member’s joining.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Application for membership shall be made in writing and shall be in such form as the management committee may from time to time.
- The name of every member society admitted to membership shall be entered in a register of members which shall be kept by the Association.
- The register of affiliate member societies shall contain the following information:
- The name, address and number of shares held by the member.
- The date on which each member society’s name was entered in the register.
- The date on which member society terminates membership.
RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
Every member society shall have the right to:
- attend and vote at all general meetings through its delegates.
- elect officers through its delegates to the management committee or to any other office of the Association.
- use the facilities of the Association.
- withdraw from the Association on giving six months’ written notice.
- together with other member societies, call a special general meeting and request matters to be placed on the agenda in the manner, prescribed in the by-laws.
- be informed of the affairs of the Association.
EXERCISE OF RIGHTS OF MEMBERS
No member of the Association shall exercise any rights as member unless it has made such payments to the Association in respect of membership or has acquired such shares in the Association as is prescribed in these by-laws.
NOTICE OF DOCUMENTS
Every member society shall be deemed to have due notice of these by-laws, the Co-operative Societies
Act [chapter 24:05] any regulations made in terms of the Act and any internal rules of the Association.